Accidents can happen in public places such as on a foot path, in a park or in shops or restaurants. Types of accidents which can happen in a public place are;
- Trip on uneven or broken paving.
- Having something fall on you.
- Slip and fall on a wet floor
- Having an accident while on holiday.
If you have an injury* which is the result of an accident in a public place which was not your fault then you may be entitled to claim for compensation for that injury*.
If you have an accident in a public place you should try to do the following;
- Report the accident immediately to the most senior person available.
- Where possible take a photograph of the location and in particular of the item or area which caused the accident.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident take details of their name and contact details.
- Keep a record of any expenses associated with the accident and where possible keep a copy of any receipts.
* Irish solicitors may not calculate fees or other charges in contentious business as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement nor is it our practice to do so.